[Buildroot] How to get gdb in the image

JNY jny0 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 20 14:48:13 UTC 2010

Hi,

I need gdb on my target, so selected the gdb options available to me in
buildroot (Toolchain->Build gdb degugger for the target, Toolchain->Build
gdb server for the target, Toolchain->Build gdb for the host, Toolchain->GDB
Debugger Version 6.8).  I then re-made, and installed the output image, but
still gdb is not recognised on the target after installation.

Any ideas would be received with thanks (and admiration - don't know if
flattery will help, but I figure it's worth a shot ;-))

Regards,
JNY