[Buildroot] [git commit master 1/1] Config.in: mark BR2_CONFIG_CACHE as experimental and disable by default

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Sun Aug 29 18:27:49 UTC 2010

 Thomas> Hello,
 Thomas> On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 17:30:38 +0200
 Thomas> Peter Korsgaard <jacmet at sunsite.dk> wrote:

 >> commit:
 >> http://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/commit/?id=b680672ad1b1c45e23cf89ddb217616274d68dee
 >> branch:
 >> http://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/commit/?id=refs/heads/master
 >>
 >> As it is known to break with certain package combinations.

 Thomas> Can we take some sort of official decision about this ?
 Thomas> Supporting the configuration cache thing is not just having an
 Thomas> option or not, it's also all the patches that we're adding to
 Thomas> fix the issues found here and there (libglib2, lzo, etc.).

It would be nice to keep it, but I honestly think the only realistic
option is to get rid of it completely.

I'll keep the patches for now for 2010.08, but we can start removing
stuff afterwards.

Unless anyone disagrees?

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard