[Buildroot] Make 3.82 does behave differently than make 3.81 for sure, but ...

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Mon Aug 30 20:57:39 UTC 2010

>>>>> "James" == James J Dines <jdines at jdines.net> writes:

Hi,

 James> I am really interested to hear your results, because I just
 James> bought this new 8 core machine and set it up this weekend.  So
 James> far everything has worked great, but there is always this
 James> nagging worry that I have something set up wrong and I will have
 James> to post back to the list stating that I was an idiot and missed
 James> something :-)

 James> In any case, untarring buildroot-2010.05, doing a make defconfig
 James> followed by a make clean seems like a set of steps that should
 James> go off without a hitch (it certainly does on my other machine)
 James> but it fails with make 3.82 for me anyway :-(

 James> [jdines at hydra buildroot-2010.05 ] make clean
 James> package/atk/atk.mk:43: *** recipe commences before first target.  Stop.

Yeah, that's the bug in atk.mk Yann fixed earlier today. Could you give
git a try instead (either git clone or wait for tomorrows snapshot
tarball).

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard