[Buildroot] libssp missing from target

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Aug 31 18:05:44 UTC 2010

On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 16:20:23 +0000 (UTC)
Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just enabled building of gdbserver for the target, and now it's
> missing a libarary on the target as well (libthread_db).
>
> How do I tell buildroot to copy to output/target the libraires
> required by the binaries in output/target/usr/bin?

Assuming you're using an external toolchain, libthread_db should
already be added to the target by the following snippet in
toolchain/toolchain-external/ext-tool.mk :

ifneq ($(BR2_PTHREADS_NONE),y)
LIB_EXTERNAL_LIBS+=libpthread.so
ifeq ($(BR2_PACKAGE_GDB_SERVER),y)
LIB_EXTERNAL_LIBS+=libthread_db.so