[Buildroot] How to contribute to Buildroot with Git

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Sun Dec 5 21:23:26 UTC 2010

 Thomas> Hello,
 Thomas> On Sun, 5 Dec 2010 08:26:20 -0600
 Thomas> "Heiko Zuerker" <heiko at zuerker.org> wrote:

 >> Yes I agree, this would prevent a lot of questions and confusion.
 >> You can throw it on the website almost as-is.

 Thomas> On one hand, I'm a bit reluctant to have this in the Buildroot
 Thomas> documentation, as it has nothing specific to Buildroot, it's just
 Thomas> general Git usage.

 Thomas> On the other hand, it looks like a number of Buildroot potential
 Thomas> contributors don't really know how to start with Git to send patches
 Thomas> and contribute. So maybe we should add it to the doc.

Yeah, and it's pretty short, so I think we should add it.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard