[Buildroot] Problem to add DConf in buildroot

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Sun Dec 12 10:15:53 UTC 2010

Hello,

On Sat, 11 Dec 2010 19:37:36 -0800 (PST)
Justin Mark <oilehus at yahoo.com> wrote:

> so there's no implementation for posix_fallocate(). Since this
> function is only called once in Dconf, like this: if (posix_fallocate
> (fd, 0, 1) == 0)
>
> maybe I can patch the Dconf file, if anyone has an idea on how to
> replace the above code, please let me know.

Just apply this patch from the DConf git repo, which removes
posix_fallocate() and uses ftruncate() instead:

http://git.gnome.org/browse/dconf/commit/?id=e3dd1d8ac6839851cb3015e89cdf39ecb2e2b081

You can add this patch in package/dconf/, and mention in the patch
comment that it is already upstreamed and therefore should be removed
when DConf version is bumped.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons