[Buildroot] cannot log to my build root

William Wagner will_wagner at carallon.com
Tue Dec 14 15:50:05 UTC 2010

On 14/12/2010 15:28, Diego Iastrubni wrote:

>     and you should see a login prompt on this serial line.
>
>     It's the /etc/inittab file that decides on which terminals a login
>     prompt should appear, by starting a getty program on those terminals.
>
>     What does your /etc/inittab look like ?
>

> I probably did not express myself properly. I do soo login (which is
> started by getty). The only problem is that whatever I do in "login" I
> get kicked out -
>
> buildroot login: root
> Password: /[just enter]/
> Login incorrect
>
> The sad thing is that I do remember that once it did work and I would
> get by just typing the username.

I have also seen this. In my case the problem was that I had built an
eglibc toolchain that had configured too much out (I think it was option
OPTION_EGLIBC_NIS). Busybox built fine, only login as root failed.

Never got around to debugging it as much faster just to change my
toolchain to include the necessary option.

Will

Will Wagner                                     will_wagner at carallon.com
Development Manager                      Office Tel: +44 (0)20 7371 2032
Carallon Ltd, Studio G20, Shepherds Building, Rockley Rd, London W14 0DA