[Buildroot] busybox, hardcoded config

Heiko Zuerker heiko at zuerker.org
Thu Dec 23 13:33:18 UTC 2010

Hey,

there was recently a discussion on the topic of automatically turning
on specific kernel features, which can cause some problems.

This is very heavily done in busybox, i.e. nfs support for mount keeps
being turned on by the makefile. At least in my case this is causing
me some grief.

I think we really should keep this automatically setting of
configurations to an absolute minimum. Can't we rely on the person
configuring buildroot, to set the correct options he or she needs for
example in busybox or the kernel?

--

Regards
   Heiko Zuerker