[Buildroot] Copying extra libs into image using external toolchain

Lionel Landwerlin llandwerlin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 00:01:28 UTC 2010

Le mercredi 03 février 2010 à 22:13 +0000, Cameron Hutchison a écrit :
> Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards at gmail.com> writes:
>
> >On 2010-02-02, Cameron Hutchison <lists at xdna.net> wrote:
>
> >> When I build the image, this library [libstdc++] is not copied into
> >> it. The uClibc libraries are copied.
> >> What do I need to do to get this library copied into the image?
>
> >I wrote a shell script that does the "make" and then copies to
> >the proper locations the various libraries and include files
> >that buildroot forgets.
>
> Thanks for that info. I'll add an extra step to my build process. I
> guess I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything built into
> buildroot since...
>
> >> The docco talks about "Core C library from external toolchain"
> >> and "Libraries to copy from the external toolchain" options
>
> ....but I could not find them anywhere.

With external toolchains, buildroot assumes that libstdc++ is installed
in $(SYSROOT)/lib/ which isn't always the case.
For example the STLinux toolchain has its libstdc++ installed in
$(SYSROOT)/usr/lib like your toolchain.

We should rather fix the buildroot script that copies the libraries than
adding extra scripts outside of buildroot. It's in
toolchain/external-toolchain/ext-tool.mk

--
Lionel Landwerlin <llandwerlin at gmail.com>