[Buildroot] .gitignore in BR archives

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Sun Feb 7 11:28:48 UTC 2010

>>>>> "Julien" == Julien Boibessot <julien.boibessot at free.fr> writes:

 Julien> Hello,
 Julien> in the BR tarballs (recent releases or daily snapshots), got from here:
 Julien> http://www.buildroot.org/download.html , there is a .gitignore file at
 Julien> the top of the directory hierarchy.
 Julien> Is this something you need or can it be removed for the next tarball
 Julien> releases ? (It can be problematic when de-archiving BR in already git
 Julien> versioned dirs.)

It's not that you *REALLY* need it, but it's nice if you're using git as
the git status output isn't cluttered.

I don't think it bothers people, so I would prefer to keep it in the
tarball (we would need to do special handling to remove it). Other
git-using projects like the Linux kernel also ships their .gitignore.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard