[Buildroot] which uid?

Makis Tsimaras tsigian at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 15:10:09 UTC 2010

Hello everybody.

I was doing a build for x86 target, and during the beginning (after i run
make),.. buildroot downloaded the linux kernel, extract it,.. and after
about 20-30 lines it stopped with an error like:

"Insecure dependency in open while running setuid at scripts/
headers_install.pl line 31"

I tried it a few times (as a normal user) and the same happened.

When i tried it as root, the building didn't stop and continued normally.

Am i gonna have any problem running the "make" command as root?

Thanks in advanced