[Buildroot] Newbie: AT91SAM9260 NAND Boot

Roo roo.watt at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 03:51:37 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am new to buildroot and have been given a AT91SAM9260 SOM to work
with. The latest buildroot does not appear to include a defconfig for
a NAND boot system. The module in question is
http://www.otech.cn/chinese/ProductShow.asp?ID=103 and they do not
provide a build system, just a rootfs image and kernel image etc,
unfortunately that is nearly all the information I have on the board.

I would like to use buildroot to build the rootfs, kernel and tools
required for our application. I would appreciate any advice on where
to start with this, is there any reason that a NAND boot defconfig
does not exist currently? Will it be a difficult job to develop one? I
know that there is a rootsf image and kernel image at at91.com but I
see more value in supporting the latest buildroot particularly as I
would like to integrate our own packages.

Also can anyone advise whether there are issues building on a 64bit host?

Any advice appreciated.

Kind regards,

Cameron.