[Buildroot] buildroot for older uClibc

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Feb 25 14:42:02 UTC 2010

On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 14:21:02 +0000
daniel wilson <daniel.a.wilson at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm working with a legacy embedded platform which has some closed
> binaries that are linked against uClibc 0.9.28.  Much as I would like
> to bring this platform up-to-date, I'm reliant on these utilities for
> the correct operation of various bits of hardware.  To cut a long
> story short, I think I'm going to have to build myself a toolchain
> which links against uClibc 0.9.28 to produce software for this
> platform.
>
> I've downloaded various older versions of buildroot, but none of them
> seem to have this version of uClibc as an option.

In the current version of Buildroot, we still offer 0.9.28.3 as a
choice, but you have to enable BR2_DEPRECATED to see it.

However, be warned that the version of uClibc is not the only thing.
You have to create a uClibc with a configuration that is similar to the
uClibc that was used by the binaries at the time they were generated.
Depending on the configuration, the uClibc API/ABI changes.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons