[Buildroot] obtaining linux kernel from git

William Wagner will_wagner at carallon.com
Mon Jan 11 20:00:38 UTC 2010

Hi All,

I am looking at making it so that buildroot can get the linux kernel
from a git repository.

Has anyone else done this before?

Any pointers on what will need doing?

If not then I'll hack away on it for a bit and see where I get to,
assuming success I'll post something here. From a cursory look it
doesn't look too bad, the biggest problem is knowing the kernel version
before obtaining the repository, for now I might just make it that the
user has to specify it but I'll see how  I go.

Will

Will Wagner                                     will_wagner at carallon.com
Development Manager                      Office Tel: +44 (0)20 7371 2032
Carallon Ltd, Studio G20, Shepherds Building, Rockley Rd, London W14 0DA