[Buildroot] Firmware Loading

Andrew Wiley debio264 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 06:16:55 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 7:29 AM, Michael S. Zick <minimod at morethan.org>wrote:

> Perhaps update the mdev configuration file?
> It ships empty, it has to, too installation specific to pre-define
> anything.
>
> mdev --help
> will start you off; continue as required with the command descriptions -
> if loaded on your machine during the build or at the busybox web-site.

Well, I wound up just going with udev, call me lazy if you like, but it
works for me. My board runs off a flash drive, so space isn't an issue. I
won't generally be adding or removing devices after startup, so performance
isn't really an issue either, but I may wind up swapping out devices that
are connected at boot time, so udev seemed like a better solution for my
setup.

Thanks,
Andrew