[Buildroot] [RESEND/PATCH] Git/Svn downloaders

Maxime Petazzoni maxime.petazzoni at bulix.org
Tue Jul 20 11:33:02 UTC 2010

Hi,

Integrating the feedback from the first series sent last week, here comes the
promised resend.

What changed from the first batch?

  - the BR2_GIT, BR2_SVN_CO and BR2_SVN_UP configuration options have been
    cleaned up into BR2_GIT="git" and BR2_SVN="svn" and the defconfig files
    updated (I know there has been some discussion about the defconfigs
    recently on the list... this seems to be a hot subject in the community
    right now :-)

  - the download method autodetection from the URI scheme has been added,
    taken from Luca's patch and integrated into mine.

  - tar --exclude-cvs is no longer used, in favor of per-VCS techniques:
      * `git archive --format=tar ... | gzip -c ...` for Git
      * `svn export ... && tar czf ...` for Subversion

  - libsvgtiny now benefits from the download method autodetection

Once we get to a general consensus that these are good improvements, I'll start
looking more actively on how to bring back the "spider"/source-check feature,
which hopefully shouldn't be to much trouble.

Regards,
- Maxime