[Buildroot] Buildroot licence for commercial product

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at anciens.enib.fr
Mon Jul 26 16:40:06 UTC 2010

Damien, All,

On Monday 26 July 2010 17:49:46 Damien Borie wrote:
> I don't know how I will give access to all licences text, copyright, and
> source code, as the system is closed and nobody can connect to it except
> us...

The easiest, IMHO, is to have a leaflet listing all packages you identified
and the name of the license that applies to each of them, plus the full text
for each license.

Then, for GPL-licensed (and similar licensed) packages, you can provide
access to the complete and corresponding source code on-line, eg. on a
FTP server. Bundling a CD with your product would be ultimate, and very
well regarded.

As a side note, be extra carefull about the toolchain, as parts of it will
end up on the target. Examples are the C library file (eg. libc.so.0,
libm.so.0, ...) and others (eg. libgcc.so.0 from gcc, ...). So you should
also count those packages in.

All this is from a non-lawyer, so you'd better check with yours.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.