[Buildroot] converting util-linux-ng to autotargets

Ossy ossy1980 at gmx.net
Mon Jul 26 20:39:35 UTC 2010

Am 26.07.2010 08:29, schrieb Thomas Petazzoni:
> The configuration option should be BR2_PACKAGE_UTIL_LINUX_NG (with
> underscores), even if the package is named util-linux-ng.

Yepp. That's it. The package begins to download and it compiles. I'll
take the version from openwrt as guide and split the components into
separated menu points.

Before the first successful run, I had to switch off the libtool patch,
because only 4 out of 6 hunks were successfully applied.
After the first run I found some binaries (32bit arm elf) in
output/util-linux-ng-2.17/* and sometimes there was a placeholder script
generated by libtool. The real binaries were placed in a .libs
directory. Honestly, I'm not an expert, but why does libtool generate a
wrapper script and for some other binaries not? What do I have to
install to the staging directroy? The wrappter skript +
./libs/origbinary or just the binary out of .libs?

Sorry, for the unqualified questions.

Kind regards,
Marcus