[Buildroot] How to Login in a filesystem as a root

Mitch Davis mjd+buildroot at afork.com
Thu Jun 24 10:46:12 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 5:45 PM, Thomas Petazzoni
> On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 09:42:37 +0300
> amr ali <amraldo at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I managed to build filesystem for my davinci DVM6446 board. I want to login as root instead of the default user.
>> How can I do that?
>
> By default, embedded Linux systems generated by Buildroot have a 'root'
> account, for which the password is empty. So at the log-in prompt, just
> use 'root', and you're all set.

Amr Ali, is it possible that your DaVinci board isn't running
something generated by "buildroot"?  Or perhaps it's based on
buildroot, but it's been customised to have a password for root?

I'm wondering if it's really based on buildroot, as even if the root
password has been set (I do for my buildroot-based product), it should
still allow console logins for the root user.

Mitch.