[Buildroot] Kernel local version

Odd Arild Olsen oao at oao.no
Sat Jun 5 10:31:39 UTC 2010

When I set the kernel local version (CONFIG_LOCALVERSION) to a string XYZ the
module build process creates an output/target/lib/modules/2.6.32.9XYZ
directory as expected.

However, just after running DEPMOD for this directory and removing some
directories the build process then tries to create this file:
output/target/lib/modules/2.6.32.9/modules.dep.temp

Somehow the local version string was left out here. I guess this is a known
problem but my searches did not give me any clues.

oao