[Buildroot] buildroot for Freescale P2020RDB board

Marcus Tangermann marcus.tangermann at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 16:41:29 UTC 2010

Hello,

I try to get a working kernel and image for a Freescale PowerPC P2 based
board P2020RDB using buildroot 2010.05.
In menuconfig I've chosen a PowerPC generic architecture with uClibc 0.9.30
and gcc 4.4.4.
The compiled images (kernel and ext2 rootfs) don't work. After loading them
via tftp and u-boot, the machine simply stops (=crashes).
To test the rootfs I've manually compiled a kernel using the Freescale
toolchain. The kernel works but the rootfs crashes the machine after
So I guess there is something fundamental wrong ;-)

So, I would be glad if someone has some hints regarding my problem:
1. Is it possible to generate a working image for an P2020RDB or are there
problems with the e500v2 core?
2. Is it possible to integrate the external toolchain from Freescale
(gcc-4.3.74-eglibc-2.8.74-dp-2) ? The toolchain type seems to fit neither
glibc nor eglibc style.

Thanks!
Marcus