[Buildroot] buildroot for Freescale P2020RDB board

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Mon Jun 7 20:22:19 UTC 2010

On Mon, 7 Jun 2010 21:18:03 +0200
Marcus Tangermann <marcus.tangermann at gmail.com> wrote:

> The board is supported by recent kernels as I've managed to build a
> working 2.6.33 from kernel.org using the toolchain provided by
> Freescale. So maybe my problems result from the toolchain generated
> within buildroot.

Ah, great. You'll still have to tell how the kernel should be
configured, anyway.

> Sorry, I know. Unfortunately there is no further information. The
> board simply stops, no console output.

Ok, so it might be a non-working userspace or an incorrect console=
configuration in the kernel command line.

> You can download the whole BSP from Freescale:
> http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=P2020&fpsp=1&tab=Design_Tools_Tab

Which one exactly ? Those are multi-GB downloads, I'd prefer to pick
the right one from the beginning. Or maybe, better, you can put the
toolchain only online ?

> Yes, sounds reasonable ;-) Any chance to use eglibc based external
> toolchains?

If they support --sysroot, then yes. If then don't, then no.

What does CROSS-gcc -v from your toolchain returns ?

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons