[Buildroot] How to set file ownership prior to JFFS2 root filesystem generation

Matthew Davison matt.davison at lantronix.com
Tue Jun 8 22:36:36 UTC 2010

I would like to create a home directory on the target and set its
ownership to the uid of a user that will also be present on the target.
I've noticed that something like this is already happening for the
/home/default directory, but I have been unable to determine how. In
general, how do you set the ownership of a file prior to JFFS2 root
filesystem generation?

Thanks for your help.

Matt

This e-mail is the property of Lantronix. It is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. Distribution or copying of this e-mail, or the information contained herein, to anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited.