[Buildroot] [Re: Valgrind compilation, with patch 3.5.0, need help]

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Jun 15 07:37:36 UTC 2010

Hello Damien,

On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 09:07:58 +0200
Damien Borie <dbe at terawatt.fr> wrote:

> So, I tried to compile Valgrind version 3.5.0. I only change the version
> number in Config.in file (in package/valgrind/). 'make source' cause the
> package download without problems. Then 'make' doesn't cause error but
> it try to apply a patch ('valgrind-largefile patch'). This patch modify
> a file 'coregrind/m_ume.c' and ask me to type a path to a file to patch,
> with no others precisions.

It means that the file the patch is modifying doesn't exist anymore in
newer versions of Valgrind. So you need to see whether the patch is
still needed or not. From a quick look, it looks like it does.

Attached is a updated version of the patch for Valgrind 3.5.0. I haven't
tested it *at all*, I haven't even built Valgrind with this patch. But
at least, it applies on Valgrind 3.5.0.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons