[Buildroot] sdl demo app install problem

H Hartley Sweeten hartleys at visionengravers.com
Tue Jun 22 01:05:38 UTC 2010

On Monday, June 21, 2010 4:47 PM, Peter Hüwe wrote:
>> Am Dienstag 22 Juni 2010 01:25:24 schrieb H Hartley Sweeten:
>>>  /home/bigguiness/extratech/buildroot/output/target/usr/bin/fire strip:
>>>  Unable to recognise the format of the input file
>>>  `/home/bigguiness/extratech/buildroot/output/target/usr/bin/fire'
>>>  /usr/bin/install: strip process terminated abnormally
>
> I've checked it here and got this result:
>
> $ strip /avr/buildroot-2010.02/output/target/usr/bin/fire
> strip: Unable to recognise the format of the input file `/avr/buildroot-2010.02/output/target/usr/bin/fire'
>
> $ ./output/staging/usr/avr32-linux-uclibc/bin/strip /avr/buildroot-2010.02/output/target/usr/bin/fire
> $
>
> It seems to use the wrong strip command - not the one from the buildroot
> toolchain, but rather the host one -- so maybe you have to patch one of
> the files (configure/install) from fire - nevertheless I'll have a look
> at it too

Well, I got it to install.  But, I'm not sure if this was the right way to
do it.  I added the following to the *.mk file:

FIRE_INSTALL_TARGET_OPT:=DESTDIR=$(TARGET_DIR) install

I had to export SDL_NOMOUSE=1 on the board (I can't find a USB mouse and a
hub right at the moment) but the 'fire' app does run on the i.MX35.  Now
on to my actuall app....

Thanks,
Hartley