[Buildroot] [May15 patch 12/12] netsnmp: disable build with external toolchain

Darcy L. Watkins dwatkins at tranzeo.com
Tue Jun 22 14:16:24 UTC 2010

Hello,

I need to be able to build net-snmp in my buildroot using a crosstool-ng
external toolchain.

Has anyone made progress or determined the underlying cause of why
net-snmp cannot properly locate the libraries even though --sysroot
points to the buildroot staging area (instead of using the toolchain
default)?

Would adding redundant -L<path> to the staging library area work (and
likely also -I<path> to the includes if needed)?

Any insight as to why this happens with net-snmp (or is it observed with
some other packages too)?

Regards,

Darcy