[Buildroot] sdl demo app install problem

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Tue Jun 22 20:32:29 UTC 2010

Hi,

 H> Hello Peter,

 H> I added this to the *.mk and it worked:

 H> FIRE_INSTALL_TARGET_OPT:=DESTDIR=$(TARGET_DIR) install

 H> Is that the correct way to handle this?

Well, it certainly works around the problem about the buildsystem
calling install -s, but the real issue is that the install program is
hardcoded to run "strip" and not whatever we have set $STRIP or
$STRIP_FOR_TARGET to.

Anyway, this is what coreutils' install does, so we probably don't have
much chance for changing it. I have been pondering always doing make
install instead of install-strip as we always strip at the end anyway.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard