[Buildroot] X11R7.5 git branch

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Mar 2 08:43:55 UTC 2010

Hi Paulius,

On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 20:35:34 +0200
Paulius Zaleckas <paulius.zaleckas at gmail.com> wrote:

> As we have discussed earlier I have put all my X11R7.5 work in:
>
> git://gitorious.org/takeme-buildroot/takeme-buildroot.git x11r75
>
> Should I post patch series to the list?

For me, having your git tree was enough.

Generally, it looks very good and I think it can be merged as is. I
appreciate the removal of all obsolete packages.

I have a few questions though :

 *) On many packages, but not all, you added FOOBAR_LIBTOOL_PATCH=NO.
    What has driven your choice of applying or not applying the libtool
    patch ?

 *) I imagine that all the patches you are dropping for the different
    packages have been merged upstream and are no longer needed ?

 *) I think the xf86-video-wsfb could just be removed. But this can be
    done later, if you don't want to rebase all your patch set.

 *) Concerning the dependency of xcb-util on gperf on the host, we have
    to decide whether gperf is a mandatory tool for Buildroot (in which
    case it should be added to toolchain/dependencies/dependencies.sh)
    or if we should build it, in which case, we need to add a
    host-gperf dependency.

 *) The xfont_font-util package should be fixed, as we discussed
    recently on the list. This post-install.sh script assuming that
    some tools are installed on the host is ugly. We must determine
    whether xfont_font-util should be built for the host, for the
    target or for both. But this can be done after merging your patch
    set, of course.

Thanks a lot for all this work!

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons