[Buildroot] Core Files on ARM

cmc2001 craig.mcfarlane at pri.com.au
Mon Mar 15 04:43:17 UTC 2010

TWIMC,
Forgive the noob question, but we have a busybox'd target which we've
configured to produce partial core files when our app crashes.  However, it
seems to only have spotty backtrace information - specifically, only a stack
trace for one thread.

Busybox 1.13.4
g++ 4.2.1
kernel 2.6.28.2

I know I'm not alone after trawling google, but I'm yet to find anything
approaching a definitive answer.

I've been banging my head on this problem for several days now and the more
I dig, the more possible problems I discover (the latest being the g++ ARM
toolchain and its limitations).  Would this corefile problem be resolved if
I moved up to:

Busybox 1.15.3
gcc 4.4.3
kernel 2.6.29.4

Also, if Busybox's menus is dumbing down my control of corefiles a little
too much, is there an agreed way of subverting it that won't get me into
trouble down the track?

cya
Craig