[Buildroot] flex target binary used during host compile

Dominic Reynolds dominicreynolds at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 16:24:35 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I have a quick question about an issue I'm having building buildroot
(2010.02). I'm compiling on an x86_64 host and compiling for a powerpc
target.

I'm using buildroot to build the target fs, kernel, and target utilities
(basically everything except uboot and busybox).

My build is failing while compiling lm_sensors and the problem is that the
build step using flex is finding the flex binary from the
"staging_dir/usr/bin" (which is a binary for the target) and so can't
complete.

I looked through the build artificats and the build command explicitly sets
up the path so that this PATH is defined completely by the build - so I'm
confused as to where the problem would be. My staging_dir/usr/bin directory
contains host toolchain binaries as well as target utility binaries (like
flex) - which seems confusing (as if you have staging_dir/usr/bin in your
path you are going to get inconsistent arhitecture for programs that are
found).

Anyone have any ideas what might be going on?

cheers,
dominic