[Buildroot] external toolchain and sysroot

Yury Luneff bitterman at ya.ru
Thu Mar 25 15:28:03 UTC 2010

Hello!

I'm warning, I'm new to buildroot.

I have built my toolchain with crosstool-NG with sysroot option
enabled and i've chosen uclibc.

I'm trying to build my rootfs with this toolchain. I guess, I have
proper buildroot configuration, but as soon as package has it
dependency somewhere in new sysroot, I have linker problems:

/home/yury/toolchain/arm-indigo-linux-uclibcgnueabi/bin/arm-indigo-linux-uclibcgnueabi-gcc
-Os -pipe -Os  --sysroot /home/yury/buildroot/output/staging/  -DAUTOCONF -DPOSIX -DUSG -c window.c

I see --sysroot here and everything is ok.

But in linking phase:
/home/yury/toolchain/arm-indigo-linux-uclibcgnueabi/bin/arm-indigo-linux-uclibcgnueabi-gcc
-DAUTOCONF -DPOSIX -DUSG -o em ansi.o basic.o bind.o buffer.o crypt.o display.o eval.o exec.o
file.o fileio.o ibmpc.o input.o isearch.o line.o lock.o main.o pklock.o posix.o random.o
region.o search.o spawn.o tcap.o termio.o vmsvt.o vt52.o window.o word.o -lncurses
/home/yury/toolchain/arm-indigo-linux-uclibcgnueabi/lib/gcc/arm-indigo-linux-uclibcgnueabi/4.3.4/../..
/../../arm-indigo-linux-uclibcgnueabi/bin/ld: cannot find -lncurses

here --sysroot is omitted and thus I'm very sad :-)

I can't figure this out by myself. TARGET_LDFLAGS are good,
TARGET_CFLAGS are too.

It is definetely not the problem of package as openvpn doesn't find
openssl too and the corresponding .so files are in staging. Or it is
a bug in both uemacs and openvpn which is unprobable. I know there
were problems with openvpn and external toolchains but it was kinda at
least a year ago.

Buildroot is both latest stable version and the current snapshot --
the same problem.

How should I find my way through?