[Buildroot] init segfaults when compiled with glibc

Sasha Sirotkin buildroot at browserseal.com
Tue Mar 30 14:26:14 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 4:20 PM, Yann E. MORIN
<yann.morin.1998 at anciens.enib.fr> wrote:

    Sasha, All,

    On Tuesday 30 March 2010 142701 Sasha Sirotkin wrote:
     > I compiled an external toolchain with glibc support using
    crosstools-ng
     > as recommended. I managed to compile buildroot without any issues.
     > However, when I try to use the resulting image /sbin/init segfaults.
     > With uclibc there are no such issues. I'm using the latest
    versions of
     > everything on ARM with EABI.

    By default, gcc will emit armv5t instructions. What's your target CPU?
    init segfaulting can be a symptom of using a bad instruction set, so if
    your CPU is armv4, and you did not tell gcc to default to armv4, then
    you will hit this segfault issue.

As I already mentioned, it works fine with uClibc, so it is definitely
not a CPU instructions issue. At any rate, my CPU is AT91, i.e. armvte
instruction set.