[Buildroot] How to create a non mmu toolchain

Ben Kloosterman bklooste at gmail.com
Wed May 5 07:10:07 UTC 2010

Thx for your reply .

So which chain supports Nommu ?

Br no mmu support
Crosstool no mmu support.
Ct-ng no mmu
Uclinux support but requires a no mmu tool chain.

Building a toolchain by hand.

The reason why we dont want to use an mmu is complex , there is a thread on
it in ucLinux but basically building a type safe , memory safe micro kernel
OS since we run a single address space with compiler based checks an MMU
just becomes an overhead. Rather than the green field code we have been
working on for 2 years we can start with uClinux which will help things
along .

Regards,

Ben