[Buildroot] Commit "Remove BR2_GNU_TARGET_SUFFIX and compute GNU_TARGET_NAME"

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu May 6 16:06:31 UTC 2010

On Thu, 6 May 2010 16:24:58 +0100
Quotient Remainder <quotientvremainder at gmail.com> wrote:

> http://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/commit/?id=65e80a0b0bf275e0ffdbb611706bec4b1b4719b1
>
> This patch would seem to prevent Codesourcery toolchains from working.  They
> use "arm-none-linux-gnueabi-*" (no $(LIB) part).
> I suppose you can't take everyone into account but was just curious to know
> if this was taken into account.

The GNU target name is distinct from the toolchain prefix. For external
toolchains, the toolchain prefix is still configurable using the
BR2_TOOLCHAIN_EXTERNAL_PREFIX configuration option.

If you have any issue, could you post the corresponding build log
and .config file ?

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons