[Buildroot] Buildroot 2010 rc2 fails to build

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Tue May 18 10:21:23 UTC 2010

>>>>> "Chris" == Chris Kerios <ckerios at gmail.com> writes:

 Chris> Thanks Peter.

 Chris> I also have a AVR32 NGW100 that I am beginning to work on that I
 Chris> will be testing buildroot on next.  I will let eveyone know how
 Chris> that one goes and cry for help when I get lost in
 Chris> buildroot...haha.

;)

 Chris> Regarding the JFFS2 and MTD utilities.  I just learned online
 Chris> this week that none of it applies to working with a CompactFlash
 Chris> card, so thanks for reinforcing that piece of knowledge for me.
 Chris> One less thing to worry about.  What I was wondering about was
 Chris> since I have this configuration Geode w/Compact Flash.  What
 Chris> does the embedded community recommend be used as a file system,
 Chris> ext2/3 or something else.

EXT2 - The journal updates from EXT3/4 are bad for the lifetime of the
CF.

And make sure you mount it noatime to limit writes.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard