[Buildroot] Buildroot 2010.05-rc3 released

Microbit_Ubuntu microbit at virginbroadband.com.au
Thu May 27 18:58:43 UTC 2010

Hi Peter,

On Thu, 2010-05-27 at 14:43 +0200, Peter Korsgaard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Buildroot 2010.05-rc3 is released - Go download it at:
>
> http://buildroot.net/downloads/buildroot-2010.05-rc3.tar.gz
>
> or
>
> http://buildroot.net/downloads/buildroot-2010.05-rc3.tar.bz2
>
> Or get it from Git:
>
> git://git.buildroot.net/buildroot
>
> Please give it a spin and report any problems to the mailing list or bug
> tracker. Many thanks to the people contributing to this release:
>
> git shortlog -s -n 2010.05_rc2..
>     49  Peter Korsgaard
>     32  Thomas Petazzoni
>      1  Baruch Siach
>      1  Bjørn Forsman
>      1  H Hartley Sweeten
>      1  Julien Boibessot
>      1  Nick Leverton
>      1  Yann E. MORIN
>      1  cmchao
>
> Unless any big issues are found, expect the final 2010.05 release by the
> end of the week - So please give it a good test.
>
> --
> Bye, Peter Korsgaard

While I started a clean install w/ ext toolchain (crosstool-ng -1.6.1),
I noticed that menuconfig still has a snag in it when starting from
scratch with config :

When HAL is not used and ext toolchain selected, udev & hotplug are
*not* displayed nor selected.
busybox-show-others has to be enabled and they both have to be
explicitly enabled from there.
BR versions < 2009.11 turned 'em on when mdev was selected.

Perhaps it's deemed that HAL should be selected, dunno.

In any case, hotplug & udev should not be suppressed by SHOW_OTHERS,
since even busybox-1.16.1 does NOT offer them...

More feedback when I completely rebuild.

PS : ct-ng only offers "linuxthreads". So are we supposed to use
"stable/old" in BR or "new" (latter, I guess) ????
I seem to have had problems with that - invoking gdbserver prompts :
"can't load libthread_db.so.1".
This worked fine with internal toolchain... Anyone ?

HTH
Best regards,
Kris