[Buildroot] new way to rebuld just the target root?

Malte Starostik m-starostik at versanet.de
Fri Nov 12 01:49:52 UTC 2010

Hi Igor,

Am Freitag, 12. November 2010, 02:27:44 schrieb Igor Serebryany:
> addendum: i can see that packages often have a .stamp_target_installed
> file, and I wouldn't mind going through and deleting all of those, but
> how do i get the entire target directory re-created, including copying
> from skeleton?

I've added this rule to the toplevel Makefle:

clean-target:
        rm -rf $(TARGET_DIR) $(STAGING_DIR) $(STAMP_DIR) $(BUILD_DIR)/.root
$(BUILD_DIR)/*/.stamp_target_installed $(BUILD_DIR)/*/.stamp_staging_installed
$(BUILD_DIR)/linux-*/.stamp_installed $(BUILD_DIR)/*/.built

It removes the staging dir as well because that doesn't cost so much in terms
of rebuild-time but keeps quite some problems away.  But it's most likely not
complete, so I'm not going to post it as a patch.  Serves me quite well
though.

HTH,
Malte