[Buildroot] buildroot and sh4

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Mon Nov 15 22:26:20 UTC 2010

On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 23:09:03 +0100
trem <tremyfr at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> I've done a new version of the patch based on branch boards-cleanup
> of git://git.busybox.net/~tpetazzoni/git/buildroot
>
> This new patch could be find here :
> http://ryu.zarb.org/~trem/buildroot/0002-Add-a-qemu-device-target-sh4-r2d.patch

This patch does not follow completely the "new" way of adding board
support in Buildroot:

 * The kernel configuration file should have been saved using "make
   savedefconfig" in your kernel directory, so as to have a minimal
   defconfig instead of this huge defconfig.

 * Similarly, the Buildroot configuration file should have been saved
   using "make savedefconfig" in your Buildroot directory.

With this, instead of having several tens of kilobytes of configuration
files, you'll have only a few hundred bytes of configuration.

Thanks !

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons