[Buildroot] Crosstool-NG depends on awk/gawk

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Nov 24 16:11:43 UTC 2010

Hello,

I've finally tried the Crosstool-NG backend and it doesn't work because
it needs awk/gawk on the host, which isn't installed on my limited
Debian environment:

Checking for 'grep'... /bin/grep
Checking whether '/bin/grep' supports -E... yes
Checking for 'sed'... /bin/sed
Checking whether '/bin/sed' supports -i and -e... yes
Checking for 'bash'... /bin/bash
Checking for 'cut'... /usr/bin/cut
Checking for 'install'... /usr/bin/install
Checking for 'make'... /usr/bin/make
Checking for 'gcc'... /usr/bin/gcc
Checking for 'awk'... no
Checking for 'gawk'... no

GNU awk was not found

Either you are missing entirely the needed tool,
or the version you have is too old.

So probably we should build host-gawk before running Crosstool-NG
build, or make it a mandatory Buildroot dependency.

Other comment: Yann, it'd be really great if Crosstool-NG was hosted
behind a better connection than a DSL connection. Downloading at 50
KB/s is really frustrating :)

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons