[Buildroot] Libtool work: a tentative summary

Lionel Landwerlin llandwerlin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 23:47:34 UTC 2010

As long as we keep the following things, we can bump to 2.2 or 2.4 :
	* sed pass on .la files
	* Add -L$(STAGING_DIR)/lib -L$(STAGING_DIR)/usr/lib to LDFLAGS
	* patches for encountered libtool versions

I always took the hypothesis that we wanted to get rid of the first 2,
and wanted to keep the third only for special cases.

I encountered problem with libtool 2.4 for several packages under the
following conditions :
	* run autoreconf on the package
	* do not apply the libtool patch
	* configure the package with --with-sysroot=$(STAGING_DIR) option

Martin, did you have the same setup ?

I guess we're back to the current situation if we don't pass the
--with-sysroot option and we apply a libtool patch for the correct
libtool version.

Lionel Landwerlin