[Buildroot] hwclock again

Anders Darander anders.darander at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 12:12:41 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 13:50, JNY <jny0 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> just to check...
> Do you have such a device (/dev/misc/rtc) in the target file system?
>
> Regards,
> Anders
>
> -------------------
>
> I have two targets target_skeleton, and target_busybox_skeleton (both
> contained in target/generic), neither of which contain /dev/misc/rtc.
> However, neither contain ttyS0, and that ends up on the system when it's
> loaded, and works.  What's going on?

Well, I meant the target file system being generated, not the actual
skeletons... Either loopback mount the generated file system, generate
tar:ed file system, or look directly at your target.

You'll also have a file, device_table.txt, that, among other things,
specifies device nodes to be generated. You'll most certainly find
ttyS0 being generated from this file.

Regards,
Anders