[Buildroot] About Git through SSH

James J. Dines jdines at jdines.net
Sun Sep 5 03:05:02 UTC 2010

On 09/04/2010 09:50 PM, Paul Jones wrote:
> [...]

I believe git should clone into the DL_DIR once, and only once (unless
of course you delete it from DL_DIR.)  I say this because it is source
regardless of the particular tool used to keep track of it.  Then, just
soft link to it's location in the DL_DIR from the build dir. (see also
below)

> I was just thinking clone it to $(BUILD_DIR), but on further thought I can
> imagine that also would be annoying if your source was rather large.
> Perhaps we could put an option in the makefile to force a clone everytime
> the package is rebuilt?

Why would you want to do that?  You wouldn't keep downloading a tarball
once it is downloaded. Once you've cloned a repository you don't need to
do it again unless you really screw things up.  What would be nice in my
opinion is if there was an option for which commit to use with one
option being "latest" which would 'git pull' first to build the latest
version.