[Buildroot] troubles with intltool

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Sep 9 08:58:38 UTC 2010

Hello,

On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 10:27:30 +0200
Aurele Traynard <aurele.traynard at laposte.net> wrote:

> I am trying to build an image with X11, an I am experimenting some
> problems with intltool
> the problem is when the script call /usr/bin/perl -e "require
> XML::Parser" i tried to use the following command : /usr/bin/perl -e
> "require XML::Parser"  to know what is the problem but it says
> nothing... could someone help, me next is the report

I've just tested, and xkeyboard-config builds fine here.
xkeyboard-config has a dependency on host-intltool, which itself has a
dependency on host-libxml-parser-perl.

And as you can see, we are properly passing:
 PERLLIB="/media/disk3/buildroot-2010.08/output/host/usr/lib/perl"
to the xkeyboard-config ./configure script.

Can you check
in /media/disk3/buildroot-2010.08/output/host/usr/lib/perl if
libxml-parser-perl is installed ?

Could you restart the build from scratch and keep the full build log:
 make 2>&1 | tee build.log
and then put online somewhere the full build log and your Buildroot
configuration ?

Thanks,

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons