[Buildroot] EXT2-fs error

Johnny Beardsmore jny0 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 13 07:51:55 UTC 2010

Hello all,

OK.  I've tried the following, and still no joy.

1) e2fsck the rootfs file on the build machine.  This creates an error thus:

          filesystem.  If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2

              e2fsck -b 8193 <device>

2) After installation, logon from a rescue usb stick, umount the hda,
and e2fsck it.  This works (no EXT2 warning on first boot-up), but
there is a warning on subsequent boot-ups, regardless of the reboot
method.

3) Running e2fsck during installation, by inserting umount (where
necessary), and e2fsck entries in the installation script.  This has
created a number of different errors, but no working solution.

I'm of the opinion that the problem is with the rootfs which is
generated by Buildroot.  The suggestion to check it on the build
machine seemed very promising, and was along the lines of what I
thought I should be doing, but I haven't had any success with it so
far.  This is driven by the way I can check the hda from the rescue
USB, and go no warnings, but then when it's re-booted the warning
returns.

This seems to have dragged on for some time (mostly because I've not
been focussing on this problem).  If anyone has any ideas I'd be
grateful for them.