[Buildroot] /etc/ld.so.conf and /etc/ld.so.conf.d in buildroot target skeleton

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Sep 21 06:51:18 UTC 2010

Hello,

On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 16:39:24 +0200
Thomas De Schampheleire <patrickdepinguin+buildroot at gmail.com> wrote:

> That looks like a good solution.
> In case of uClibc though, the parsing of ld.so.conf is a configurable
> option (LDSO_CACHE_SUPPORT), so before generating an ld.so.conf we
> should check whether that option is set.

We don't really support any other uClibc configuration than the one we
ship in toolchain/uClibc/uClibc-x.y.z.config. If an user changes the
configuration we provide, (s)he has to be ready for some build
breakage, because we are testing the build of all packages only with
this specific uClibc configuration. I don't think we can sanely enter
the game that would consist in handling all possible uClibc
configurations to know which packages need what.

Concerning LDSO cache, the LDSO_CACHE_SUPPORT is disabled in our
default configuration.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons