[Buildroot] /etc/ld.so.conf and /etc/ld.so.conf.d in buildroot target skeleton

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin+buildroot at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 07:02:35 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 8:51 AM, Thomas Petazzoni
> Hello,
>
> On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 16:39:24 +0200
> Thomas De Schampheleire <patrickdepinguin+buildroot at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> That looks like a good solution.
>> In case of uClibc though, the parsing of ld.so.conf is a configurable
>> option (LDSO_CACHE_SUPPORT), so before generating an ld.so.conf we
>> should check whether that option is set.
>
> We don't really support any other uClibc configuration than the one we
> ship in toolchain/uClibc/uClibc-x.y.z.config. If an user changes the
> configuration we provide, (s)he has to be ready for some build
> breakage, because we are testing the build of all packages only with
> this specific uClibc configuration. I don't think we can sanely enter
> the game that would consist in handling all possible uClibc
> configurations to know which packages need what.

Ok, I can understand that.

> Concerning LDSO cache, the LDSO_CACHE_SUPPORT is disabled in our
> default configuration.

But then I don't understand why there is an /etc/ld.so.conf.d
directory in the default skeleton, while glibc is not part of the
default.
In my opinion then, this empty directory should be removed (leaving
the creating of the ld.so.conf* files to developers with a custom
configuration).