[Buildroot] Building fw_printenv (u-boot utility) for target?

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 17:29:03 UTC 2010

I want fw_printenv on my target, and it would be convenient if
buildroot built it and set up the relvent links.  But, AFAICT, I can't
have buildroot build the fw_printenv utility without having it do a
complete build of U-Boot.  I don't have any need/desire for buildroot
to build the bootloader itself, I only need the fw_printenv linux app
for the target.  Is that possible with buildroot?

Or should I just build fw_printenv separately and stick it into the
filesystem using the custom package?

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Don't SANFORIZE me!!
                                  at