[Buildroot] procps fails to compile on Fedora 14 due to newer version of GNU make

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Wed Apr 6 20:23:30 UTC 2011

>>>>> "bruce" == bruce bushby <bruce.bushby at gmail.com> writes:

 bruce> Hi

 bruce> I recently switched to Fedora 14 as my build platform and picked
 bruce> up a problem compiling procps. This is apparently caused by
 bruce> newer versions of make.

 bruce> Previously I was building on ubuntu "natty" which has
 bruce> "make-3.81-8" ... however Fedora 14 is using
 bruce> "make-3.82-2". There is a very nice explanation here:
 bruce> http://old.nabble.com/make-3.81.91---procps-3.2.8-td29281048.html

 bruce> Where Paul Smith explains:
 bruce> In previous versions of GNU make, wildcards were returned in sorted
 bruce> order; however that was never guaranteed and the new version of make
 bruce> (for efficiency) returns matches in "directory order", which is
 bruce> essentially random.

Fixed in git (together with the bump to 3.2.8) - Thanks.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard