[Buildroot] creating skeleton during build

John Smith jf15190 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 19 00:02:30 UTC 2011

Hi Guys,
I am using the old gcc3_legacy to build compatible firmwares for an old router.
(I can't use a later one as I am pinned down by closed source binaries.)
Rather than having a fixed root skeleton, I am unpacking an original firmware.
In order to invoke the unpack I have the following line in custom.mk (with all my other custom bits) in my board directory:-
$(TARGET_DIR): $(TARGET_SKELETON)
All goes well until I do a second build, the system tries to re-make the root skeleton even though it already exists and is older than $(TARGET_DIR) so I have to comment out the above line for the second build. Any way to avoid this?