[Buildroot] proftpd Startup issue

ANDY KENNEDY ANDY.KENNEDY at adtran.com
Fri Apr 22 15:58:42 UTC 2011

>  ANDY> The error:
>  ANDY> 192.168.1.10 - error: getrlimit(RLIMIT_CORE): Operation not
> permitted
>
>  >> From /var/log/messages:
>
>  ANDY> Apr 15 18:52:57 newrfs daemon.notice proftpd[83]:
> 192.168.1.10 - ProFTPD
>  ANDY> 1.3.3b (maint) (built Fri Mar 25 2011 17:49:38 CDT)
> standalone mode
>  ANDY> STARTUP
>
>  ANDY> BuildRoot version:  (size:)33650639 2011-02-22 16:24
> buildroot.tar.bz2
>  ANDY> I believe this to be the correct snapshot date.
>  ANDY> Sys type: MIPS32r2
>
>  ANDY> I know that this _was_ working before this pull.  I got this
> snapshot
>  ANDY> due to about 5 things being updated, of which (IIRC) one was
> proftpd.
>
> Hmm, odd - Proftpd hasn't been updated since Oct 2010, so that's
> probably not it. What user are you running proftpd as?

Guess what pull I was working off of ;).  I just updated the other
a couple of months ago, but didn't test proftpd -- it always had
errors on startup because I kept forgetting to customize the conf
file after build, so I expected errors.  It wasn't until someone
started attempting to use it with eclipse that I realized that
something was wrong.

> I've just checked proftpd here (arm9), and it seems to work fine.
> I've
> committed a few minor tweaks to the default config/skeleton, but
> you are
> presumably using a custom config?

Great, so I'm on my own ;).  There was one other thing about the
build and that is that is uses eglibc, however, I don't think that
would be the problem.  I'm still redirected on a network driver
(which I've never done before) so, I'm not able to get back over
there to that (yet).

> --
> Bye, Peter Korsgaard

Thanks for the info.  Will keep the list posted.

Andy